Another good weekend for our youth teams with some excellent football being played in their respective League games, Cup games and friendlies. Here’s how the Tigers got on this week…

The U7’s took part in a round robin friendly tournament against Mile Oak FC. Congratulations to Saltdean Reds who ran out overall winners and celebrated with some birthday cupcakes for the Saltdean Reds goal scoring machine – Bertie!

The U8’s played two different teams the reds and the blacks. The reds played Peacehaven always a very close game. They worked very hard and loads of goals were scored. The Black team stepped up a level and played a friendly against Fishergate Flyers, it was a very tough match and the best team we have played so far, but we fought well and the game ended very even with some brilliant performances.

The U9’s had a challenging game against Hastings. The team played with real intensity throughout and put in a great performance.

The U10’s had two exciting games against Seaford with both teams enjoying a good spirited battle that ended with a victory.

The U11’s were at Peacehaven and played superbly in both halves. Some outstanding passing, movement and team play with a number of great finishes to show for it.

The U12’s (Red) battled hard and earned a deserved 2- 1 victory with a cross come shot in the closing minutes. The U12’s (Blue) took on Newhaven at Newhaven on Saturday morning. A strong division 4 outfit who play together weekly. Our inexperienced team played well and were 2-1 up with 2 minutes to go. A late penalty meant the game finished 2-2.

The U13’s continued their progress and development against Withdean in a closely contested and entertaining game which could easily have gone either way and which eventually saw a 4-1 result in favour of our guests.

The U14’s faced a tough away fixture in the Sussex Cup against a physical strong Vardineans. The team started brightly taking the lead but eventually succumbed to a 6-3 defeat.

The U16’s had a home fixture against a very robust Cuckfield team. The game was full of intensity and drama, but Cuckfield secured the lead late into the second half and even though we put the ball in the net twice, we eventually conceded to a 1-0 defeat.

Well done to all teams and good luck with your matches next weekend!

Photo credit: Simon Roe